Become your own entertainer. This is an opportunity to bring a variety show format to include some corny jokes, news to make you laugh or smile, and a few songs to your residents while they wait for their lunch.
1. Select a costume to include a wig, clothing, glasses, jewelry to wear as you become this persona. It is suggested to try for 50's, 60's or 70's to add some spice to the event.
2. Purchase a bluetooth enabled microphone for your tablet or iphone
3. Identify 1-2 -3 days a week that you may want to do this before lunch while residents are gathered waiting for their lunch
4. Use laffgaff.com / ducksters.com for corny jokes
5. Use goodnewsnetwork.org for happy and uplifting news to share
6. Use UPI.com for news of the weird stories
7. use youtube for 2-3 easy sing along songs to sing with your group
8. Use brownielocks.com for this day in history obscure holidays to announce for themes
9. Practice your program, have printed out or pulled up on device information you will need
10. Have fun and bring a smile and a laugh to your residents.
|Group Size||Time of Day||Duration||Acuity Level|
|30 minutes||Long-term Care|
See websites in the instructions.
1. The entertainer could do door way and hallway visits with this if needed as long as six feet apart